Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Contents analysis 4

Here is a photo of Lottie from the Foo Fighters and it is from Q magazine.

Colour scheme
Like most of Q's contents page it follows the common colour scheme of black,white and red which is very conventional. It is very common in this type of genre and works well with what the model is wearing.
I do like the use of three colours as a dominant colour scheme but I may change the colours as I might light to challenge the conventions.
Image
The image is a very dominated photo of Lottie standing with a full body shot walking with a guitar. The image is enlarged on the page to show that he is the main focus of the page. This works well with the layout of the page.
I am willing to have my model dominate the page like the has. I also like the idea of having the model standing up and being able to see the whole of the model.
Text
The text used is only really for the articles down the left side of the page mainly but there is some also at the top. It is mainly san-seirf but there is a little bit of serif fonts used for some of the headings of the article. I do like how the articles are all neatly down the left side and use different fonts for both the headings and the actual description of the article itself.
Layout
The layout seems to be image dominated instead of the blocky look. This works very well with the type of image that has been used as all the other information is put behind the image and you can see that it is the main focus.
I may try and use the image dominated look as I prefer is actually to the blocky look and thinks it allows you to focus the attention the more important areas of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment