Thursday, 16 March 2017

Rough cut Front Cover


This my media coursework rough cut front cover page. The genre I am trying to access is the Rock/Genre as I think is quite popular at the moment. 
My personal thoughts on my rough cut are:
I feel the way that I have strong elements and also weak ones in terms of the codes and connotations of the specific genre I am focusing on. The logo AMP is similar to the one that is NME the very famous music magazine and this is possibly one of the stronger points on this front cover. Also the black, white and red colour scheme matches the conventions very well and I feel this works very well so this may be something that I will be looking keep. I also think the little details and features on like the other artists in the magazine is a particularly strong point of my front cover.
Now despite this rough cut having strong areas, there are flaws that need to be corrected and improved but after all it is a rough cut. My first improvement would be to retake new photos and probably use different models that fit the conventions a lot better as I feel it would improve the piece as a whole. For instance there is now correlation in the clothes and that is a fault of my own as I was not as demanding as I perhaps should of and need to be. Another area that is need of improvement is the cutting out of the images themselves as so areas are blurry and all round is a poor use of Photoshop. I have also use the font Times New Roman for the date and issue and price, which I was specifically told not to use and that needs correcting.
I feel there are probably a lot more faults than positives but I now know where the improvements to go and after all it is a rough cut but I feel I can benefit my finished product from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment