Thursday, 16 March 2017

Rough cut Double Page Spread

This is my media double page spread rough cut which is based on the genre of Indie/Rock.

One good point would be the text and the colour and font and how it has been used and presented on the page, especially the DOM-O-NIC I think is particularly strong and the large text on the other page is quite good. The image itself is also quite good despite the poor photo shopping. Also the continuation of the black, white and red is good as it has been used throughout all three pages. I am quite happy with the overall layout of this page.
However there are quite a lot of negatives on this page. For instance the photo shopping of the model is extremely poor and I now know somewhere that needs extreme time and detail on which is the care I take with the photo shopping. Also my DPS only have two columns of text and where as music magazine usually have three so I know I could easily improve upon this. Another thing is that the page does not have page numbers which is quite a rookie mistake. Also the gradient does not have as dominating an affect as I was originally hoping for.
So despite the quality being poor I know what I can do to improve this page overall so it has more codes and conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment