Tuesday, 28 February 2017

DPS analysis 4

Here is a Double page spread from MOJO magazine based upon Neil young.

Colour scheme
The colour scheme used is predominantly black and white with a few words highlighted in gold which really stands out on the black background as the colours really contrast. The colour scheme of the text matches is that of the image which is very appealing.
I like the idea of having black and white as the main colour scheme for the DPS and this may be something I might emulate for my DPS. Also the contrasting colours are very good and I might like to do this also.
Image
The image is of Neil young playing the guitar and singing, the image may look like it takes up only one side of the page but it may in fact also take up the second without having any dominant photos on the other side as it is taken up by text.
I do like how there is one dominating image this may be something I try to copy my self and by having it quite large it allows the other side to be dominated by the text but with the feel tat it is the same image.
Text
There is a quotation at the top which draws the reader in, then followed by a sub heading which has added information before being followed by the article. From what I can see it is all in San-serif type of font.
I like this idea of having 3 different bites of text that has been used to show different aspects in the article and al have their own specific meaning.
Layout
The layout is a image dominated DPS which I very much like and is very conventional. One page is dominated my the image and the other by text. It has been distributed very well it allows each segment to standard out in its own individual way.
Once again I do like how the image dominates atleast one page and there is enough room for a sufficient amount of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment