Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Magazine cover 3 : Q 2012

This is my third front cover analysis for my blog and it is from Q magazine with the main focus being Florence.

Colour scheme
This front cover does contrast slightly from the previously looked at posts which both had the tri-colour scheme. However this does have a tri-colour scheme but is different in its use. The colour has been chosen to match with the colours Florence herself is actually wearing. Her red hair is not the same colour as the infamous red Q but it is still red. The blue eyeshadow then it is again blue around the article. Also white as she has quite a pale skin tone, it is also incorporated into the cover. Blue, red and white then become the 3 main and only colours despite there being different shades of each. The colours used match the colours of Florence's skin and appreance which is very bold and well thought of.
Again I do I like the use of this tri-colour scheme and an initial idea, however choosing the colours on the basis of what the model is wearing or how they look to them convey the cover in their image is very bold and I do like this and would consider the inclusion of this in my magazine.
Image
The image is a close up of Florence's face which is the background for the full front cover. This image has significance along side the text of her saying 'I feel so alone' this image then has captured alone which nicely fits with the text.
I like how the image is the first main focus here and then the link of the text is brought in and almost backs up the meaning of the image which shows the thought put into it and is the type of thing I want to get across in my magazine.
Text
Nearly all of the text is bold san-serif text apart from the 'I feel so alone' quite which emphasises the importance of that heading and this shows by it being different to the rest of the text on the cover. It is also the size of the text represents how important each piece of the is on the cover, the bigger the more important. All of the text is white which makes it clear and visible up against Florence's red hair.
I might want to include the use of the more important pieces of information in a different font as it shows that the more important information against the not so important but there are other ways to show this also.
Layout
It has been positioned so that the text is on top of the image of Florence but incidentally no text covers her face and only covers her hair to show despite being covered over by text she is still the main focus in the magazine. The 'Q' takes up the top third as it is important to clearly shows the magazine company in bold. The text is deliberately not touching any of Florence's skin as it is white text on quite pale skin white emphasises the cover is all about her.
I like the face that the image really dominates on this cover and there is no doubt that the text isn't as important but still needs to be there to some up this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment