This second contents page analysis is based on Terry Hall in Mojo magazine.
Colour scheme
The colours used have no real correlation between them yet it fits quite well. Terry himself is in quite a viberant red suit which also has black shoes, glasses and bow tie. His face is pale up against a light blue and doesn't share a big a contrast as the red suit does up against the background. The colour of the text is gold and black. Both look good and work well up against the light blue background.
I do like the contrasting colours that seems to show dominance in a lot of the magazines so far and thisbifms probably a key element I would want to include.
Image
The image is high angle shot of Terry Hall in the red suit really dominates the entirety of the contents page, this shows he is the main focus and dominant story or is at least the more important thing on the page. I have found this to be quite common with Mojo magazines in creating this still of have a photo with the text based on top of it.
If I was to get a good enough photo that could display similar conventions then I would hopefully try to recreate something similar to this I do like how it has been used as the main focus.
Text
The text used is all the same type of font but just different in size and colour in places. The golden text is used for numbers and sub-headings, where as the black text is used for everything else. The most important bits of text are larger and this is commonly users in most magazines.
I want to include a few different colours in my magazin as the different text can emphasis different things and meanings and I like the use of this.
Layout
The main layout is based upon the image itself as the photo is the background with the text placed upon it. This is very common in Mojo magazine and focuses the attention to the most important area as the image on the contents page and features the image as the main focus point with everything else having to work around it.
I do like having the idea of the image as the most important which will make me want to have better photos so that it can be an easier basis for my contents page.

No comments:
Post a Comment