Monday, 27 February 2017

Contents Page 3 : Mojo

This is my third contents page analysis and it will focus on Roger Waters from a Mojo Magazine.

Colour scheme
The main colours that are used predominantly are black, white and red, which are commonly used in music magazines which i can tell from my previous research. The red work well as it used for text or features in some way, red is particularly good as it works well up against dark of light colour and for this instance black or white. This happens with white and  black as the white is on top of the black or vice versa as contrasting colours look good against one another.
I have always been found of recreating a colour scheme that consists of three colours particularity black, white and red as those colours really work well together and fit well with the connotations for the type of music magazine i am looking to emulate. 
Image
The image is the dominant force of this contents page it is the actual background and all the text is on top of it. I have found this to be a very typical of Mojo as they do this regularly but I think it works very well and gets across the ideas that they show the main focus through the image and the image dominated contents page is something I am very found if. The stance Roger Waters is standing is expressing how he sees himself as an artist, also by only wearing white and black matches with the colour scheme.
I do particularly like this contents page very much as it really expresses the artist and is different to the typical image found on contents page and that what I really like about it.
Text
The main headings and subheadings all seem to be the same font and San-serif font and the so do the lower importance pieces of text, the colour and size of text to emphasises the importance of it in the page itself and the m key part it plays.
I do like the idea of having different fonts for different uses in different colours so it creates a contrast  and highlights key text through colours or size of font.
Layout
The layout is a like a very typical Mojo magazine in the sense that the image is the dominating background with all of the text put on top of in different colours to emphasise them. Usually if the text was on top of the image or vice versa this would mean that it is more important by the other, however that doesn't happen here as the full background is one image which demonstrates the importance of image.
I am found of using the image dominated for my contents but would probably like to use one image as the background and have everything else on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment