Saturday, 25 February 2017
Double page spread 2 : NME
For my second analysis of a double page spread, this focuses on the White Lies from an NME magazine.
Colour scheme
The colour scheme used is quite dark mainly consisting of dark shades, black with purpler a shaded white. The colours used have no real relevance with one another as I think the idea is too have the darkened colours and have light upon the models in the image.
I don't particularly like the colour scheme used as the dark colours throughout do not show much contrast which would highlight the more important and focal areas.
Image
This image is very male dominated in the way that the models are standing and are very assured of themselves with the posing they are doing. The standing order also represents who is seen as the more important in the band, with the front man singer being at the front and closest to the camera.
I do like how the positioning is seen as important as we can tell from this image who the main member of the band is and who is seen as most important. I also like how the image goes over the half way mark of the DPS.
Text
This article only has two columns of text which is unusual as music magazines usually have three. The headline is obviously attention grabbing and makes the reader intrigued as too what is in the article. The font seems to be San-serif throughout article.
I do like how the text is quite brief as it keeps the story short and to the point but I would probably like to include more text than is seen.
Layout
The layout is unusual as the text suffers from the size of the image and might commonly see the text overlap the image but both have been spaced out which shows the difference between the two as the story is slightly different from the image.
I personally would rather have an image that dominates the whole of the page and then have the text on top of the image as it gives an appearance that the two are more likely to be related.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment