Colour scheme
The colour scheme for this DPS is black and white, this is because the image used is an older image from when David was younger so the black and white is used to show this. This also links to the headline on that page 'it keeps dragging me back...' which is also a link to the past like the black and white with subtle differences.
I do like the little elements that link everything together through the colours so I would like to try and improve the overall quality of the page. I by using a monochrome I should be able to achieve similar effects.
Image
The image takes up the whole of one page and is very affective as it really dominates the spread. Also the pose is quite unusual which can be seen to link with the main quote in the top right hand corner. Also what the artist himself is wearing works very well with the actual colour scheme.
I really like the image and how it has presented on the page. I also like how the image has an unusual pose , this is something I may look to have on my DPS. Also the page has been spilt up, I am probably more likely to have the text on top of the image if I have the image covering both pages.
Text
The text is san-serif with no flourishes on the quote or the drop capital. It is very bold and the short snappy quote really stands out and draws the readers attention. Also the text has its own specific area and it really dominates a lot of the spread.
I would also like to include so added text in slightly larger font n comparison to the article as it can give added information as a pose to what the artist is just saying. Also there is 3 columns of text this is something that I will include as it very conventional.
Layout
The layout has is spilt into 3 main areas really. The full left page is the image, the right hand side is split between the quote top right and the article in the bottom right. This is a very conventional format. Also the way it has been set out the as all the necessary information is presented and the attention grabbing techniques are sued by having a dominating image and a big quote.
I do like this layout but I am also fond of having a layout where the image can be used as the back layer and the text is on top of that but this is something I may experiment with.

No comments:
Post a Comment