Monday, 1 May 2017
Front cover final cut with inspiration
This is my final cut of my front cover with the magazine I have based mine on; MOJO magazine.
Now I have not tried to emulate this exact page but I wanted to go for a similar look to a MOJO front cover so I have used this issue with David Bowie on as a example.
AS you can see I have followed some key conventions that MOJO have used, the first being the dominating image being in the centre on the page and consisting of the model's head and top half of body. Also I have made sure that not text goes over the model's face or top half of the body on the page. I also put the name of my magazine behind the head of the artist which is very conventional. Then I have also included what is actually inside of this issue and the artists involved. as well as this is had the main section of text along the bottom of the image about the cover star himself as I had found this from the research that I had done. I have also included more than one image on the front cover which is seen as a conventional touch to my magazine. However I have challenged the conventions by including my bar-code on the middle left in stead of being found usually at the bottom of the page.
I am very happy with how my front cover has came out and am very glad I chose MOJO as my inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment